Surround Yourself With Rustic Elegance
At Ojibway Lodge, you’re deep in Canada’s northern wilderness but that doesn’t mean you’ve left comfort behind. Instead, you’ll fill each day and every night with a warm and uniquely cozy brand of “off-the-grid” north woods luxury that creates a private oasis of deep relaxation in one of the most marvelously remote spots on the North American map.
· Come Sit By Our Fire
The center of life on Devil’s Island is the historic main lodge, which opened in 1923. Here around the Common Room’s beautiful fireplace, you’ll meet fellow sojourners, and enjoy evening cocktails, games, and gatherings. Though there are no distracting phones, televisions, radios, or computers on Devil’s Island, the lodge offers electricity and wireless internet access so you can recharge your electronics and “plug back in” whenever you need to.
· Feasts You’ll Write Home About
The main lodge is also the setting for your daily excursions to gourmet nirvana. As our guest, you’ll savor three delectable family-style meals each day in our dining room, a place where breathtaking lake views meet equally extraordinary menus, special culinary theme nights, and other creative cuisine filled with exquisite tastes and scrumptious treats. And we’re always happy to pack you a hearty picnic lunch or a campfire feast whenever you’d like to head out for the day and explore the lake.
· Curl Up in Grand Wilderness Style
When it’s time to drift off and dream, you’ll snuggle in for the night in any one of a number of delightfully different private accommodations. Each has its unique charms, but all share a level of comfort you’ll be surprised to find in such an untamed place. Our One- and Two-Bedroom Cabins have full bathrooms, hot water, propane lights, woodstoves or fireplaces, and screened porches for enjoying the daytime sights and nighttime sounds of Temagami. Some also include private docks.
· Our One-Room Sleeper Cabins have either two single beds or a full size bed, storage shelves, kerosene lamps for evening reading, porches that catch both afternoon breezes and evening starlight, and full bathroom and shower facilities in a separate building.
· Our two Lodge Rooms were part of the founding director’s original home, which was built in 1908 and renovated in 2008. They offer Ojibway’s most spectacular lake panoramas. Full bathroom facilities and showers are in a separate building just across the way.
· Paul's Island Log Cabins are a quick paddle from Devil's Island and provide a classic Temagami wilderness experience. They include bedrooms, a screened porch, and woodstove. Even the outhouse has a view! Full bathroom and shower facilities are available on Devil's Island.
· Platform Tents offer an immersive natural experience without camping’s rougher edges. Water repellent canvas and mosquito netting create a "screened house" with two twin size beds, storage shelves, and a kerosene lamp. Full bathroom and shower facilities are a quick walk away.
Forgot something? No worries!
You’ll find all of life’s essentials at the Ojibway Store. Part social center, part rural general store, this outpost opened in 1948 to provide snacks and basic groceries, toiletry items, fishing supplies and licenses, souvenirs, postcards, outfitter apparel and other clothing to guests, passing canoeists, and nearby islanders. It’s located on the main dock and is the perfect place to pull up an Adirondack chair and enjoy some refreshments.